About this partner
Located just outside the capital city of Ouagadougou, The Gampela Centre for Christian Education (the "Gampela Centre") seeks to be a beacon of Christ’s love and light in its community. The Gampela Centre is providing Christ-centered education to vulnerable children in primary and middle school (J.K. - Grade 9), providing a nutritious lunch to students, and engaging in community outreach initiatives that seek to address many of the environmental and contextual challenges of the region.
Knowing children thrive with the support of a healthy community, the Gampela Centre is giving children who might otherwise never attend school, a safe space to learn and grow. The centre is simultaneously reaching out to the local community with a village medical clinic, vocational skills training and literacy classes, and with opportunities to hear the Good News. In addition, local leaders and pastors engage with one another and the community at the many conferences and seminars held at the centre.
The Gampela Centre aims to fulfil its mission statement of “transforming the community through Christ-centered education” through the realization of its program’s key goals:
• To provide basic, Christ-centred education to young people in the Gampela community to improve their ability to obtain employment and, thus, relieve their cycle of poverty;
• To train adults in various marketable skills to help them earn a living and provide for their families;
• To provide nourishment to combat child malnutrition and improve a child’s ability to learn;
• To provide a space for community worship among believers and for non-Christians so they may hear the gospel;
• To teach, encourage, and equip Christian church leaders throughout Burkina Faso by way of pastors conferences, seminars, and Bible school courses.